RBTC Job Board
Find a Job
Post Your Resume
RBTC Main Site
Industrial Rental Sales Representative
Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Engineering/Electrical/Mechanical, Project/Product Management, Sales/Biz Dev
Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Carter Machinery Company is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia. Since 1952, Carter Machinery has had a hand in the success of numerous construction, mining, forestry, and industrial operations throughout our assigned territory. Our technicians, technical advisors, salespeople and support staff have an old-fashioned devotion to doing the job right, because they know a solid reputation is built one satisfied customer at a time.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking an Industrial Rental Sales Representative for our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. This position is responsible for promoting the rental of all products assigned to the Division's rent-to-rent fleet to Industrial customers. Must become knowledgeable of all aspects of industrial facilities within an assigned territory to recommend appropriate equipment and technology advancements that enable greater productivity for customers. Duties include maximizing sales by analyzing, planning and controlling the market objectives and sales opportunities with a plan of accomplishment. The Industrial Rental Sales Representative will assure all equipment deliveries meet the conditions of the rental agreement and monitor customer satisfaction with products. Seeking energetic candidates with a 4-year college degree or associates degree and industry experience. Experience in a closely related industry such as material handling, construction, engineering or equipment distribution would be a plus. Previous sales experience preferred.
• Self-starter able to work with limited supervision; capable of developing objectives, setting priorities, and implementing ideas in a timely manner.
• High mechanical aptitude required.
• Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships.
• Able to service existing customers with periodic scheduled visits, and effectively prospect potential new customers.
• Must be a good listener with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be innovative and creative; able to quickly evaluate facts, and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
• Clean driving record and a valid driver's license required; capable of towing and operating equipment for demonstration purposes.
• Strong PC skills and the ability to self-develop and adapt to changing technology.
• Willing to travel and work hours required by the job and customer demand.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight. This position may require reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of heavy equipment.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Sharing and Options
Other Jobs From This Employer
Get Notified of New Jobs at the RBTC Job Board
This will open a new window so make sure that popup windows for this site are enabled.