The Windows System Administrator will provide full administration, maintenance, and support of a Windows enterprise environment with Server 2008/2012. Administer and maintain Windows Server Domain and systems, full Active Directory services, and Tier 2 and Tier 3 support for Windows client side and back end environments. Participate in a 24x7 on-call support rotation. Required Skills:
- 5 years of experience as a Domain Administrator supporting Active Directory structure, services, roles, group policy, and other Microsoft technologies such as IIS and MS SQL in a Windows Enterprise environment
- Cloud Technologies Experience – AWS/Azzure
- Excellent troubleshooting, communication, documentation, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and also in a team environment with a variety of different technologies
- 3 years of experience supporting Exchange in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with VMware vSphere and Citrix technologies
- Strong understanding of DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, SNMP
- Strong background in hardware troubleshooting, antivirus, and security
- 3 – 5 years’ experience configuring and maintaining network attached storage systems
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field
- MCSE Core Infrastructure Certification
- Print server experience, PaperCut
- Working knowledge of networking and firewalls
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Demonstrated experience leading people and getting results through others.
- Ability to think and plan strategically for organizational success.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Use of hands is required for such technological devices such as a computer, telephone, blackberry and others. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will be required to travel (sometimes long distances) to attend required meetings.
Delta Dental of Virginia is a drug-free work environment. Delta Dental provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and pregnancy related conditions, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service or other protected status.
- Work environment: The work is limited to the office environment with occasional trips to other office facilities or locations necessitating walking outdoors or driving. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.