RBTC Job Board
Find a Job
Post Your Resume
RBTC Main Site
Inorganic Ventures is a chemical Certified Reference Material (CRM) producer that specializes in preparing custom inorganic standard solutions designed for a variety of applications. These include ICP, ICP-MS, Ion Chromatography, and Atomic Absorption. In 2009, Inorganic Ventures relocated its corporate facilities to Christiansburg, VA. Most foreign orders continue to ship from the company's European distribution center in Madrid, Spain.
Are you proactive, curious and decisive? Do you like to research governmental regulations and translate these into business priorities? Can you work independently as well as part of a team as you develop and manage a quality or regulatory based compliance structure? Do you have any experience with ISO, OSHA, Code of Federal Regulations, or DOT/IATA compliance? Then this could be the new job for you!
What can Inorganic Ventures offer you?
We are a chemical standards manufacturing company in Christiansburg, Virginia. Inorganic Ventures is a stable, family-oriented business with the feel and growth of a start-up! We strongly value work-life balance, contributing to the community, and a shared purpose to provide exceptional customer service with high quality products. Our culture is warm and friendly, and we enjoy a number of social gatherings throughout the year.
Starting Salary: $50,000/year
Upon start date
• Paid Time Off (PTO) plan beginning immediately
After 60 days employment
• Two health insurance plans (including vision insurance) with Health Savings Accounts (HSA). The premium of one plan is covered 100% by the company for employee-only plus dependent premiums are covered at a percentage. The premium of the second plan is covered at 90% for employee-only; you can add dependents at your cost. IV contributes to the HSA on your behalf. • Dental Insurance – company pays 90% of premium for you • Life Insurance- company pays 100% of premium for you • Short-term Disability Insurance – company pays 100% of premium for you
After one year of employment
• Tuition reimbursement • Retirement plan with up to a 3% match
What can you bring to the relationship?
This position is responsible for ensuring the company conforms to applicable laws, regulations and industry initiatives related to business processes. This includes applicable ISO Standards, OSHA Hazard Communication Standards, DOT / IATA Standards, Conflict Minerals Law, Code of Federal Regulations, and IMERC/Mercury Reporting
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Serving as a liaison for internal and external regulatory compliance matters (e.g. accreditation / registration processes, audits, staff training, vendor interactions, and customer complaints)
• Performing regulatory compliance internal audits
• Managing the company’s compliance to Globally Harmonized System (GHS) requirements regarding labels, Safety Data Sheets, and other related paperwork that accompanies our products.
• Managing the Conflict Minerals and IMERC/Mercury Reporting processes.
• Developing and managing policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance obligations are met
• Attending applicable industry group meetings
• Ensuring accurate and timely filing and retention of monthly and annual federal, state and local regulatory reports
• Overseeing the maintenance and retention of regulatory registrations, permits and applications for same
• Obtaining necessary analytical test data as needed for hazard classification or determination of compliance criterion of applications.
• Coordinating with Sales and Production to fulfill new product requests and manage lifecycle of products with regulatory requirements.
• Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry, or related field, or a combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential functions of the position
• Previous experience managing a quality or regulatory-based compliance structure
• Keen attention to detail
• Ability to interpret and work precisely according to procedures, rules and regulations
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to recognize recurring issues and analyze causes to determine a solution
• Ability to plan and achieve accurate and timely results
• Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment with interruptions
• Ability to remain flexible in responding to business demands
• A self-starting individual who works well independently and as part of a team
• PC proficiency with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Willing to travel up to 10% of the year
• Previous experience designing or establishing a regulatory structure
• Previous experience working in a laboratory environment
• Previous working knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS)
Inorganic Ventures reserves the right to modify job duties at any time and this job description is not designed to cover every responsibility required of the employee. EOE
Sharing and Options
Other Jobs From This Employer
Get Notified of New Jobs at the RBTC Job Board
This will open a new window so make sure that popup windows for this site are enabled.