RBTC Job Board
Find a Job
Post Your Resume
RBTC Main Site
Business Applications Analyst
Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Carter Machinery Company is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia. Since 1952, Carter Machinery has had a hand in the success of numerous construction, mining, forestry, and industrial operations throughout our assigned territory. Our technicians, technical advisors, salespeople and support staff have an old-fashioned devotion to doing the job right, because they know a solid reputation is built one satisfied customer at a time.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Business Applications Analyst at our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. This position works with the Digital Transformation, Information Technology and business unit teams on utilizing technology and systems to improve business processes. The Business Applications Analyst is responsible for working within the business to completely understand the business applications as well as the strategic implementation of new solutions. Responsibilities include partnering with the business community and IT teams to resolve functional and technical issues, data or transaction issues, and to support usage of current and future business applications. This position will lead and manage the requirements gathering and analysis process on several concurrent projects, including participating in technical design sessions to provide insight, identify risks and recommend solutions. Seeking candidates with a Bachelor’s degree in a related program, or minimum of two years' experience in software implementation, process improvement, project management and data analysis. Experience working with remote users, distributed teams, software and support vendors preferred. Detailed understanding and knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server is preferred. Practical knowledge of Microsoft Windows-based Operating System, with emphasis on Windows client and server platform.
• Strong work ethic required; must be self-motivated.
• Highly analytical, detail-oriented, and capable of translating analytical insights into action.
• Must be able to effectively resolve issues in a timely manner using sound judgement, critical thinking, problem solving, decision-making, and influencing skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including advanced Excel database skills.
• Strong organization skills with the ability to effectively prioritize, multi-task, address issues quickly and professionally, and meet deadlines.
• Must possess the ability to train others in the use of software and technology; able to clearly and concisely communicate technical information to non-technical users.
• Able to build and maintain positive working relationships and promote a positive customer experience.
• Able to collaborate with the Digital Transformation Office, and user departments in determining the most beneficial solution to their future needs and ongoing maintenance requests.
• Willing to travel to branch locations and off premise training sessions.
• Able to work evenings and weekends if required.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals – including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law – are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Qualified candidates may submit a confidential application at
Sharing and Options
Other Jobs From This Employer
Get Notified of New Jobs at the RBTC Job Board
This will open a new window so make sure that popup windows for this site are enabled.