Is public accounting your super power too?
Join the Brown Edwards family, where everyone counts.
We need a SENIOR ASSOCIATE located in either our Harrisonburg or Blacksburg offices! Responsibilities:
- Reviews workpapers, financial statements and other documents,
- Responsible for finalizing all client documents, may prepare more complex audit areas
- Directs engagements, which includes the timeline, budget, schedule, and Associates required.
- Evaluates the client’s system of internal control, and conducts the engagement plan, preparation, and execution
- May be responsible for several jobs at one time.
- Participates in proposals and other practice development/marketing activities
- BA or BS in Accounting or related field required, Masters Degree preferred
- 3+ years of professional level accounting experience required
- External audit and/or internal audit experience required
- Financial services, banking or similar experience preferred
- CPA preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- SEC Financial reporting
- SOX 404 experience
What can WE offer YOU?
- Competitive Compensation
- CPA Exam and Materials Reimbursement
- Medical & Dental
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Challenging Projects and Tasks - set goals and reach them!
- Career Progression Opportunities - grow and develop!
- Work-Life Balance - we understand family, because we are one! Position Requirements
Founded in 1923, Brown Edwards is a privately held public accounting firm specializing in tax, audit, assurance, and advisory services. We are made up of nearly 300 employees in 9 offices across the Virginia / West Virginia / Tennessee region.
Quality ● Integrity ● Professionalism ● Enthusiasm