Who Should Apply?
The perfect candidate will have the ability to see the big picture, how online and offline channels work together, and the role of each type of media within the media ecosystem. Functionally, this person must have a deep understanding of how to plan, budget, negotiate, place, monitor, optimize, and report on purchased media on a variety of platforms using various methodologies.
At its core, this role requires someone to be an effective negotiator, critical thinker and able to establish trust and build rapport with clients and media professionals. Staying knowledgeable about current media channels and advertising options is a must. Your goal will be to optimize ad exposure and outdo competition while staying within budgets.
Moreover, as a nimble and in-demand agency, each Firefli commonly wears multiple hats to better serve clients. Therefore, we’re seeking someone who can fill this highly productive role while juggling the challenges of working in a fast-paced, client-first environment.
Firefli is open to remote working possibilities for this position.
- Build relationships with clients and media/technology vendors
- Negotiate with media vendors to achieve best value media buys
- Execute and optimize digital advertising campaigns using a programmatic DSP, Google Ads, paid social, native ad platforms, and other vendors/platforms as needed
- Measure performance of digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals
- Manage and optimize campaigns in real time using industry best practices and tools
- Identify campaign trends and insights; optimize spend and performance based on these insights
- Champion media buying software, advertising analytics platforms, ad management platforms
- Develop strategic media plans & recommendations
- Work collaboratively with the Strategy Team to support campaign goals and present recommendations as required
- Bring new ad opportunities, products, and placements to the team to help strengthen creativity and effectiveness
- Stay apprised of digital trends & tools
- Be available as required to provide interaction with clients through the media planning and placement cycles to deliver the highest ROI
- Implement regular optimization of programmatic, social and search advertising campaigns
- Track deadlines as well as reconcile of media invoices
- Compile post-buy statistics detailing performance of advertising campaigns (providing insights and context for clients)
- Understanding of digital and traditional media buying
- Hands on skill with programmatic media and paid social and search
- Ability to buy media in multiple markets
- Strong negotiating skills
- Organizational skills
- Exceptional analytical, data interpretation, problem-solving, and decision making capabilities
- Effective time management and organizational skills, as well as strong attention to detail
- Ability to adhere to assigned deadlines
- Proficiency in media buying software
- Must have strong client-facing skills with ability to present complex material in simple terms.
- Have strong presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or comparable is preferred
- Two to four years of related industry experience (including but not limited to planning, buying & managing a variety of digital and traditional media campaigns)
- Ad agency experience a plus, media or account service experience preferred
- Google Ad Manager proficiency
- Experience using web analytics tools, such as Google Analytics
- Experience running ad campaigns on a variety of applications such as programmatic (i.e. Quantcast, OwnerIQ, DataXu), search, social (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn) and traditional (i.e. Rentrak) advertising platforms
- Hold industry certifications or will obtain (i.e. Google Adwords, Facebook Certified Professional, etc.)
Firefli is a strategy agency built on a relationship-focused culture and a proven track record.
Through thoughtful, customized solutions, we challenge our clients to see “what’s possible,” and then collaborate with them to deliver it. We dedicate ourselves to a higher standard through purposeful employee growth, strategic client partnerships, and a bold commitment to enhancing our expertise.
Though we work with clients on a national level, we love supporting companies of all shapes and sizes by turning digital vision into reality.
Firefli has been recognized alongside CNN, Hubspot and Time Warner Cable by The Webby Awards, the leading international awards honoring excellence on the Internet.