Job Title: Senior SQL DBA
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Clearance Required: Eligibility for a Security Clearance (US Citizenship required)
**This position is contingent upon contract funding, however it is representative of the skills required to be successful in this role.
About 1901 Group:
1901 Group is looking for curious minds to join our team in a collaborated effort to push IT innovation. We offer a culture that encourages unique ideas and employee engagement, surrounded by a dynamic IT environment. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform.
1901 Group's Blacksburg IT Operations Center is located in the heart of the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center. Blacksburg is known as a high-tech hot spot and innovative entrepreneurs are setting roots in here as a result of this research coupled with the small town charm and beautiful surroundings.
What we seek
Do you have interest in working in a complex hybrid cloud environment and learning new technologies while being a leader? We are looking for a Senior Database administrator to work with a devops team of database administrators and system integrators maintaining customer mission applications systems. This position offers exposure to leading edge database technologies (including MS SQL, Oracle, and Cloud based Open Source) and high availability systems infrastructure with growth and advancement potential into increasing levels of leadership and responsibilities.
· As a part of the devops team:
· Perform database administration tasks related to the tasks and projects assigned to develop new systems and modify existing systems to integrate new functionality and capabilities. Task may include but are not limited to such as install, secure, patch, upgrade, troubleshoot, and configuration management of databases in standalone installation or clustered environment.
· Operation, maintenance of software/network configurations of Linux and Windows operating systems as they relate to the operation of the aforementioned database products.
· Work closely with other IT team members, including system administrators and database administrators.
· Setup, test, implement and maintain backup and recovery strategies.
· Assist with customer deployments including understanding application capabilities and functionality as they relate to the underlying RDBMS.
· Track database changes using change & configuration management tools.
· Act as liaison between customers, systems integrators, and database vendor to report and resolve problems on a timely basis.
· Mentor and supervise mid level DBAs.
· 7+ years of SQL or Oracle Database Administration
· Installation, patching, upgrading, configuration, management and trouble-shooting databases Linux and Windows operating systems.
· Installation, configuration and management of the related technologies used to integrate products.
· Operation, maintenance of software/network on virtual and real hosts supporting the Linux and Windows operating system as they relate to the operation of the aforementioned dtabase products.
· Manage Database Objects, Perform Configuration, Patch, and Performance Tuning, Manage Capacity, Free space, and Logs
· Understanding of relational database management systems, database design and concepts of operation in order to freely transition in and between multiple vendors (Oracle, Microsoft)
· Experience with Shell scripting, Oracle PL/SQL, ANSI or other standard SQL/DDL
· Experience with database tuning, backup and recovery
· Experience with Linux Operating Systems
· SQL Server administration/tuning
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.