RBTC Job Board
Find a Job
Post Your Resume
RBTC Main Site
Field Service Technician
Engineering/Electrical/Mechanical, IT/Computers/Networking, Tech Support/Customer Service
Sunapsys, Inc. is a systems integration company located in Virginia’s beautiful Roanoke Valley. Our systems are used to automate processes, manage plant information, and empower decision makers with real-time knowledge. Sunapsys' activities include control and information systems integration, software development, engineering, and technical consulting.
Sunapsys currently has an opening for a Field Service Technician. In this position, you will be part of a team that designs and implements control systems for a variety of industrial and municipal applications.
Essential responsibilities include:
• Perform in-house Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
• Perform onsite, customer witnessed Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) • Perform radio propagation path studies
• Provide troubleshooting, and diagnostic services on new and existing installations
• Perform Service and Support and Maintenance visits on existing installations
• Training of customers on newly installed systems
• Sitting or standing for long periods of time
• Occasionally lifting or moving up to 25 lbs. of equipment, ascending and/or descending ladders, working outside in inclement weather
• Occasionally working overnight, evening and weekend hours (less than 25%)
• Minimum Associates degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Engineering Technology
• Minimum three to five years of municipal and or industrial experience
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• High level of organizational and time management skills, excellent attention to detail
• Experience with the start up and commissioning of PLC/VFD based control systems
• Wireless communication experience a plus
• Experience with Allen-Bradley and Modicon PLC programming, HMI software, and Ignition SCADA software a plus
• Self-motivated and willing to learn
• Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
• Must have the ability to professionally interact with suppliers and customers
Sunapsys offers a full complement of benefits including 100% paid health insurance for employees, 401(k) with company match, generous paid time off and company paid long term disability insurance. Roanoke offers very affordable housing, short commutes, an abundance of outdoor activities, and numerous dining and entertainment options.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sharing and Options
Other Jobs From This Employer
Get Notified of New Jobs at the RBTC Job Board
This will open a new window so make sure that popup windows for this site are enabled.