RBTC Job Board
Find a Job
Post Your Resume
RBTC Main Site
Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Carter Machinery Company, Inc.
Carter Machinery Company is the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia. Since 1952, Carter Machinery has had a hand in the success of numerous construction, mining, forestry, and industrial operations throughout our assigned territory. Our technicians, technical advisors, salespeople and support staff have an old-fashioned devotion to doing the job right, because they know a solid reputation is built one satisfied customer at a time.
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer for Virginia and southern West Virginia, is seeking a Service Supervisor on 1st shift at our Salem, Virginia corporate headquarters. This job is responsible for serving as a team leader, meeting customers' needs at the highest level, and ensuring the successful operation of the Specialty Area within our Reconditioning Center. The supervisor will delegate responsibilities and priorities, coach employees on assignments and provide technical expertise as needed. Daily tasks include handling incoming calls, producing quotations and estimates, opening and closing work orders, adjusting time on work orders, and dispatching or assigning technician to jobs. This job requires thorough knowledge of repair and servicing heavy equipment and components, and a working knowledge of Caterpillar requirements for machine maintenance. Seeking candidates who are dedicated self-starters with proven leadership and supervisory experience. Prefer background in service operations and comprehensive knowledge of heavy equipment repair procedures and applications. College/technical degree, or comparable industry experience, preferred.
• Strong mechanical aptitude; able to read, understand, interpret and convey technical information.
• Proficient in the use of a computer; able to adapt to changing technology.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, quickly evaluate facts and maintain good judgment when making decisions.
• Able to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction by identifying and resolving problems promptly.
• Effectively manage work in process by ensuring work orders are closed in accordance with established time-lines.
• Conduct regularly scheduled safety meetings and enforce all safety policies and procedures; investigate and report on-the-job accidents or safety hazards.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to read, analyze, and interpret general business reports, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
Must meet physical requirements for the job, including the ability sit or stand for prolonged periods of time. Able to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 20 pounds in weight.
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package including paid vacation, health, dental, life and disability insurance, as well as retirement plan with 401(k) match.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Sharing and Options
Other Jobs From This Employer
Get Notified of New Jobs at the RBTC Job Board
This will open a new window so make sure that popup windows for this site are enabled.