Job Title: Test Engineer - Senior
Location: Blacksburg, VA (remote candidates will not be considered)
Clearance Required: Eligibility for Security Clearance (requires US Citizenship)
ABOUT 1901 GROUP:
1901 Group provides IT services through the use of an integrated cloud-based platform that enables monitoring, management, and optimization of IT environments that span on-premise, co-location, and cloud computing environments. Our “as a service” model (XaaS) embeds all of the people, processes and technology necessary to deliver highly efficient IT services on a 24x7x365 basis.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
The Senior Test Engineer will be a key member of the 1901 Group Engineering Team, performing software testing of user interfaces, associated back-end code, and batch processing code in a cloud-based Angular, Express, and Node architecture that retrieves data through a data access layer from a SQL Server database. This is a large software modernization effort, creating new versions of important mission applications for a Federal customer, migrating large scale enterprise workloads from traditional platforms to current cloud and containerization technologies. The Test Engineer will be part of an established, successful team leading the way for cloud transformation in commercial and federal spaces.
· Very experienced in Selenium configuration and execution for front end and back-end testing (Selenium test environment set-up, configuration, and integration with Jenkins, Maven, Selenium WebDriver, Java, and TestNG
· Lead team efforts to develop and maintain automation scripts using Selenium
· Create, enhance, and maintain test cases for given User Stories using Selenium WebDriver, Java programming, and JUnit / TestNG annotations.
· Participate in daily scrums as scheduled across project teams
· Subject matter specialist providing testing expertise for the support of user requirements of varying levels of complexity in software/hardware applications.
· Directs and/or participates in all phases of risk management assessments and software/hardware development with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design and test tools selection.
· Conducts regression testing, load testing, and stress testing
· Coordinates all testing efforts with both 1901 Group and customer resources
· Captures bugs or issues in team standard tracking tools
· Communicates with the project management team proactively to raise risks and blockers
· 5+ Years of testing and QA related experience, including detailed script analysis, test scripting design, testing/automation strategies, reporting, and continuous improvement for both user interfaces and back end stored procedure testing
· 3+ Years of experience in software test automation using Selenium is a must (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, and Selenium WebDriver)
· 3+ Years of experience with DevOps CI/CD tools integration (Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, JUnit, TestNG, GitHub, etc.)
· 5+ years of experience in a similar job such as functional requirements analysis, developing test plans, and leading technical design sessions.
· Experience with SQL, data access layers, and verifying database scripts
· Experience driving automation development and execution
· Familiar with RESTful APIs, JSON, AJAX, XHTML, and SOAP
· Strong communication skills with ability to interact confidently with clients and other stakeholders
· Knowledge and experience in identity, credential, and access management practices.
· Formal education in the Computer Science, Computer Information Technology or Information Technology discipline, or have extensive equivalent industry experience.
· Experience with automated QA testing tools and bug tracking tools/processes
· Experience with Microsoft Office
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information Assurance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT STATEMENT: None specified.
This position profile incorporates the core responsibilities of the job. It is recognized that other related duties not specifically mentioned may also be performed, and that not all responsibilities may be carried out depending on operational needs. Nothing in this profile restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
1901 Group is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
1901 Group offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, excellent group medical, vision and dental programs, life insurance and short term/long term disability coverage, 401K savings plan; employee training, development and education programs; advancement opportunities; and much more!
1901 Group is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
1901 Group “Contingent” offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and 1901 Group is established; namely, award of contract to the 1901 Group. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a DoD security clearance)
U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
1901 Group is a drug free workplace.