Facilities and Systems Specialist
Inorganic Ventures is a chemical Certified Reference Material (CRM) producer that specializes in preparing custom inorganic standard solutions designed for a variety of applications. These include ICP, ICP-MS, Ion Chromatography, and Atomic Absorption. In 2009, Inorganic Ventures relocated its corporate facilities to Christiansburg, VA. Most foreign orders continue to ship from the company's European distribution center in Madrid, Spain.
What can Inorganic Ventures offer you?
We are a chemical standards manufacturing company in Christiansburg, Virginia. Inorganic Ventures is a stable, family-oriented business with the feel and growth of a start-up! We strongly value work-life balance, contributing to the community, and a shared purpose to provide exceptional customer service with high quality products. IV offers competitive pay and an outstanding benefits package. Our culture is warm and friendly, and we enjoy a number of social gatherings throughout the year.
Are you a “Jack-of-all-Trades”? Are you a great troubleshooter? We may have the job for you!
Starting Rate: $21.65/hour
What can you bring to the relationship?
Work Shift: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Monday – Friday
Most of your time spent will be on facilities maintenance tasks and projects. You will also work with the Facilities and Systems Manager on basic IT (posses or willingness to learn basic computer system administration tasks) and lab equipment maintenance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Routinely inspect building and grounds and schedule/perform routine and preventative maintenance tasks as required.
• Perform office moves, hang pictures, replace light bulbs, repair minor leaks, and perform other general maintenance tasks.
• Obtain quotes and/or cost estimates as needed to accomplish goals.
• Serve as liaison for Facilities vendors including, but not limited to, the following:
o Trash and recycling
o Fume hood yearly maintenance and filter changes
o Landscaping and Snow Removal
o Annual Document Shredding
o First aid kits, eyewash maintenance
o High purity water system maintenance
o Fire alarm, security, access control, and surveillance systems
o Sprinkler system and backflow
• Perform/oversee workstation set-up and/or relocation.
• Oversee and coordinate installation of storage shelves, equipment, instrumentation,
• Develop and maintain an organized parts and tools inventory.
• Maintain records/logs of repairs and a maintenance schedule.
• Develop and maintain a preventive maintenance program.
• Assist in facility, equipment, and IT projects and repairs.
• Respond to emergency calls (e.g. Fire or Security Alarm, power outage, etc.)
• Perform or supervise after hours work as needed.
• Assist the Manager, Facilities & Systems in providing deskside support. Escalate tickets to external tech support and/or the Manager, Facilities & Systems when necessary to resolve issues in a timely manner.
• Assist in computer moves, adds, and changes.
• Assist with repairs, maintenance, and scheduling of service for laboratory equipment.
• Reset passwords as necessary.
• Print badges and issue access cards as necessary.
• Initiate and/or maintain planned maintenance programs for a variety of equipment.
• Assist in sourcing equipment to meet specific needs of the laboratory.
• Member of the EHS&S team.
• Perform eyewash, safety shower, and fire extinguisher inspections.
• Assist in ensuring adherence to all applicable regulations, e.g. OSHA, Fire Marshall, etc.
• Ensure work areas and equipment are maintained in a clean and orderly condition
following prescribed safety regulations/guidelines.
• Assist in ensuring employee compliance with all safety guidelines.
• Respond to and assist in documenting safety incidents on site.
• Local travel may be required to obtain supplies, etc.
• Other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill
and/or ability required.
• High School Diploma and/or equivalent.
• A “jack-of-all-trades” with working knowledge in a variety of maintenance trades to include carpentry, plumbing, electrical, dry wall, painting, janitorial, etc.
• Ability to read and interpret documents to include drawings, sketches, safety
• regulations, procedure manuals, etc.
• Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication ability
• Ability to efficiently prioritize work tasks and duties
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with a diverse group
• Good organization and time management skills with the ability to successfully multi-task
• Proficient in use of computers, including Microsoft Office, with a willingness to learn basic system admin tasks (workstation setups, password resets, basic troubleshooting, etc.)
• Live within 60 minutes normal travel time of the IV site.
• Functions independently with a driven work ethic and strong results-orientation as well as a team player
• Proficient with basic computer system administration tasks
• A minimum of five years job-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of building codes
• Working knowledge of hand and/or power tools used in trades listed above
• Experience working in laboratory, manufacturing, pharmaceutical, or other highly technical environments.
• Experience working as part of a safety team.
• Previous working knowledge of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
• Live within 20 minutes normal travel time of the IV site.
Inorganic Ventures reserves the right to modify job duties at any time and this job description is not
designed to cover every responsibility required of the employee. EOE
Sharing and Options
Other Jobs From This Employer
Get Notified of New Jobs at the RBTC Job Board
This will open a new window so make sure that popup windows for this site are enabled.