Sunapsys is a systems integration company located in the beautiful Roanoke Valley. Our systems are used to automate processes, manage plant information, and empower decision makers with real-time knowledge. Sunapsys' activities include control and information systems integration, software development, engineering, and technical consulting.
Sunapsys currently has an opening for a Controls Engineering Technician. In this position, you will be part of a team that designs and implements control systems for a variety of industrial and municipal applications.
Specific responsibilities include:
* Prepare and modify electrical control panel drawings, layouts and schematics
* Create Bills of Material (BOM)
* Design control cabinets that will include: PLC systems, Human Machine Interfaces (HMIs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), motor starters, and circuit breakers
* Develop and modify PLC and HMI programs
* Prepare submittal documentation and O&M manuals
* Perform Factory Acceptance Tests
* Onsite start-up and installation
* Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electronics Technology, Instrumentation and Controls Technology, or equivalent
* AutoCAD, and MS Office experience
* Experience with industrial electrical design, drafting, and PLC programming a plus
* Self-motivated and willing to learn
* Have good personal presentation
Sunapsys offers a full complement of benefits including 100% paid health insurance, 401(k) with company match, and generous PTO. Roanoke offers very affordable housing, short commutes, an abundance of outdoor activities, and numerous dining and entertainment options.
Please send cover letter and resume to Tim.Rumfelt@Sunapsys.com.